Who is this for? As the title implies...any woman*, 18 and older with access to transportation. But more specifically:
- If you have been struggling to begin or stick to a routine of moving your body--this is for you!
- If you have been struggling to carve out time to decompress or manage stress or decrease worry and anxiety--this is for you!
- If you don't know where to start with self-care--this is for you!
- If are are sick of Zoom meetings and want to return to feeling more connected to yourself, Nature, and a fellow human--this is for you!
- If are ready to practice being present, moving mindfully and creating a new healthy habit--this is for you!
- If you are looking for a new strategy or process of sorting out your next step for creating positive change in your life--this is for you!
Where do we walk? Locally! Elburn, Batavia, Geneva and St. Charles area. We will set up a day, time and location that mutually works.
- Johnson's Mound, Dick Young Forest Preserve, LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve, Fabyan Preserve, Elburn Forest Preserve, Hickory Knolls, Peck Farm Park, and Red Oak Nature Center are great options.
- If the weather is mucky, we can head along the Fox River (Batavia, Geneva, or St. Charles) on paved paths or trusty sidewalk.
- For those needing wheelchair accessible paths, the Great Western Trail or Illinois Prairie path can be great options!
How do we determine the pace? We determine that together.
- We want to be able to carry on a conversation and we want to be able to stop and take notice of what is around us as well.
How intense is this walk? Don't let movement scare you away from change. We will simply be moving our bodies as we are enjoying Nature for clarity on your vision for personal change.
- This is by noooo means a trail run. In fact, there will be no running on my part unless I am running away from hornets.
- Nor is it some kind of expedition; struggling against the elements of Nature. Nope, just two humans walking and talking.
What is the investment? Even though I think a walk and talk in the woods is therapeutic; when we connect together, connecting to Nature--there can be healing in Nature. Unfortunately, your insurance company (sadly) does not agree—so, these sessions fall under life coaching services and as self-pay.
- Payment via a Square invoice prior to the session is required.
- If the weather turns sour we will reschedule, with no cancellation fee.
- If you are ready to lace up your shoes and create powerful change in your life through a commitment to self-care, I suggest a package of 4 (60 minute) 1:1 Walk and Talk sessions $500 or 8 sessions for $920.
- With the packages, we will schedule a 30 ZOOM call (for free!) to formally meet (if we haven't already) and to kick off creating our plan. Personalized emails with support and inspiration will be scheduled between walks.
- If you just want a break from our regular Zoom or phone sessions; a single (60 minute) Walk and Talk session is $135.
- P.S. Commitment to your physical, mental/emotional and spiritual health is priceless. Cheesy but true.
What days/times are Walk and Talk available? Monday-Friday 9:30am-1:30pm, Saturday 9:30am-1pm (note: these are Spring hours, Summer and Fall hours may vary)
- For packages, I would recommend committing to scheduling our time together weekly or bi-weekly to start flexing that habit muscle.
- I know schedules (and weather) can vary so we can change our meeting day or time week to week.
Who is this not for?
- Wee ones (toddlers or strollers), fur family, partners or spouses.
- Those who struggle walking or maneuvering on paths or sidewalks without assistance.
- Someone who does not own a comfortable pair of shoes.
- Anyone who is not open to the healing and connection we can find within Nature.
- Someone who hates being outside.
- Anyone who will be annoyed with me saying, "wait, did you hear that bird?".
- Someone who struggles or dislikes to walk/ wheel for 30+ minutes.
- Anyone who struggles to follow through with scheduling an appointment and showing up.
- Someone who doesn't believe or is not open to believing that she/they deserve time for self-care and positive change.
For those who are choosing packages you will get discounted access to course materials from Jump Starting Change and Heart-Centered Self-Care Challenge.
(*Woman. Hi, have we met? If not, you need to know I consider myself an ally. Cisgender women, transgendered women, genderfluid women, non-binary, genderqueer, or even still trying to figure it out...are welcome to any of my events or services. I strive to provide a safe, supportive and affirming space for all humans. If that creates an internal conflict for you--I am probably not the coach for you.)